Our PR experts thrive on building and executing impactful campaigns.
Calypso is seeking a candidate with strong writing and public relations skills. If you're an exceptional writer with proven strategic thinking skills and an understanding of tactical PR duties, we want to hear from you.
Calypso works with a wide variety of clients across multiple industries; this position will help facilitate the writing demands of the agency. This position requires above average written and verbal communication skills; ability to conduct and analyze research; and capability to write pieces of varying length and style for a wide variety of audiences (internal, external, stakeholder, consumer) and applications (web, blog, proposal, media, etc.).
Other general requirements include implementing public relations strategies, conducting media outreach, willingness to learn inbound marketing methodology, and use tools including Cision, HARO, and HubSpot. The ideal candidate has all this plus the ability to establish, communicate, and meet deadlines; actively seek new business opportunities for Calypso; and have a solid understanding of a small business climate. This position reports directly to the Marketing Director.
- Strong writing skills with attention to audience, tone, and nuance
- Ability to synthesize information and write clearly and concisely
- Have project management skills and be highly organized
- Ability to build relationships (with clients or the media)
- Create original content for multiple channels including web, print, social media, feature stories, and press releases
- Assist with writing proposals for new business
- Conduct earned media outreach; compile reports on results
- Proofread multi-page documents and presentations
- Coordinate with all departments of the agency to obtain information and material in support of new business development
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-moving, dynamic, and team-oriented environment
- Fast learner with an inquisitive mind and eye for detail
- Ability to work with multiple clients simultaneously
To apply for this position, please fill out the form below.